[JD and Undergraduate]
Charlotte School of Law and Johnson C. Smith University (JCSU) offer a dual degree program that allows students to earn an undergraduate degree and a law degree in six years.
High-performing students at JCSU will be recruited for the program. Students will follow a schedule that allows them to complete their JCSU degree requirements minus major electives. All general education and all major specific course requirements (approximately 92 credit hours) must be completed by the end of the student's junior year. At the completion of that year, qualified students may enter the law program at Charlotte School of Law.
Students who meet the qualifying LSAT and cumulative undergraduate GPA are presumptively admitted to the Charlotte School of Law; however, they must complete their application no later than February of their junior year at JCSU. JSCU will assist with the LSAT fee for qualified participants.
Students will be accepted to the Charlotte School of Law program prior to beginning their senior year at JCSU and remaining general elective credits will be taken as a first year law student to satisfy the remaining requirements to obtain at B.A. OR B.S. degree from JCSU.
Full credits required for graduation at JCSU must be completed by the end of August following the students' first year of law school.
About the Program:
- JCSU Scholars will enter as freshman and COMPLETE ALL required degree COURSEWORK in THREE YEARS
- Senior year, qualifying students WILL ATTEND THE CHARLOTTE SCHOOL OF LAW (CSL); courses successfully completed during the 1st year at CSL will complete degree requirements for JCSU
- Successful completion of the remaining 2 years at CSL will enable scholars to emerge with a BA/BS and JD degree
JCSU Enrollment Process:
- The program is looking for HIGHLY QUALIFIED and MOTIVATED STUDENTS who meet JCSU'S admissions criteria (Visit www.JCSU.edu to find out more)
- All general education and all major specific course requirements completed (approximately 92 credit hours) BY THE END OF JUNIOR YEAR
- Students will be ACCEPTED TO THE CSL PROGRAM prior to the beginning of their Senior year at JCSU
- Remaining general elective credits will be taken as a FIRST-YEAR LAW STUDENT at CSL and will satisfy the remaining requirements to obtain at B.A. OR B.S. degree from JCSU
- Participants MUST HAVE QUALIFYING LSAT SCORES available by February of their junior year at JCSU
CSL Enrollment Process:
- Students meeting QUALIFYING LSAT and cumulative undergraduate GPA are presumptively ADMISSIBLE TO CSL
- Students must apply to CSL no later than FEBRUARY of their JUNIOR YEAR at JCSU
- JCSU WILL ASSIST WITH THE LSAT FEE for qualified participants